Equipment Theft Leaves Northland Man Out of Business
NORTHMOOR, Mo. — Police in Platte County are investigating after someone stole construction equipment from a storage facility, leaving a self-employed businessman out of work and wondering what to do .
According to authorities, someone stole a Case 60XT Skid Steer Loader from a storage shed at the AA Northland Stor-All on Wednesday around noon. Theft victim Dustin Murray says that he has seen video surveillance footage of the crime, and he says that he has a pretty good idea of how it happened.
“I seen him looking it over for a couple of days and then coming in the day of, going in for 10 minutes, hooking up to my machine and pulling off with it,” said Murray, who says that the theft has left him unable to work. “I’ve competely stopped my operation. It’s at a standstill now until I figure something out, and with this economy and everything, I dont know what it’s going to do to me actually.”
Murray gave a description of the suspect from the surveillance video.
“It”s a dark blue (Ford) F-150, looks like a recent model within the last coupe of years, a 4X4 model. A guy with a goatee, a ittle bit of a mustace, kind of muscly arms, white guy,” said Murray.
AA Northland Stor-All say that they are cooperating with authorities. Anybody with information in the case is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store