Baby’s Body Found at Recycling Plant
ROCKFORD, Ill. — An investigation is underway after workers at an Illinois recycle plant find a baby’s body in the trash. John Silverio and his co-workers say they noticed the body when it came down the conveyor belt.
“It’s just hard seeing a dead baby like that,” Silverio said.
He said they often see unexpected things mixed in with the trash, but nothing like this.
“Usually, we just come by animals, like raccoons and stuff like that but never encountered something like that,” he said.
Sheriff’s deputies are trying to figure out how the baby died as well as to identify the baby and find its family.
“There’s a tremendous amount of garbage that’s here,” said Deputy Chief Dominic Iasparro. “We’re going to be going through that to try to determine if we can find out where this baby may have come from.”
For now, the case is being treated as a homicide. Although the baby’s body was found on Friday, police say it could’ve been dropped off on Thursday. Police are now waiting on autopsy results.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'