Health System Says It’s Not Interested in Hospital
PARKVILLE, Mo. — Heartland Health, a health system that owns the hospital in St. Joseph, just opened two health care facilities in the metro, and will open three more next month. All the facilities are in the Northland and operate under the name “Mosaic Life Care.” All offer primary care with some also offering urgent care.
Heartland’s move into the Northland raises the question of whether it’s also interested in having a hospital in the metro — specifically North Kansas City Hospital which the city is looking into selling.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean reports that Mosaic’s administrator says Heartland is not interested.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins