LIVE STREAM: A Dozen Dead in Shooting at ‘Batman’ Movie Screening
AURORA, Colo. — At least 12 people are dead following a shooting at a midnight screening of “The Dark Knight Rises” in Aurora, Colo. Dozens more were injured.
The shooting happened around 12:30 a.m., at Century 16 Movie Theatres. According to FOX 31 in Denver, witnesses said people first thought the gunfire was part of the movie.
“He came in from the door about four or five feet away from me,” she said. “He came in, and I thought he was a prop. He threw some smoke grenade of some sort.”
Still, Seeger thought it was all part of the movie.
“Then he shot at the ceiling,” she said. “That’s when everybody — just pandemonium.”
Shortly after the shooting, police arrested 24-year-old James Holmes near his car in the parking lot of the theatre. Police said he was dressed in riot gear and did not resist arrest.
The above video player is a live stream from FOX 31, who’s covering the story in detail. Should the video player go offline, refresh the page after a few minutes. It’s unclear when FOX 31 will end their live stream regarding this story.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire