Local Man has Sucess in Hollywood
Derek Houck is a local man who moved to Hollywood to pursue a career in acting.
The 2002 Park Hill High School graduate can be seen in Showtime’s “United States of Tara” and FOX’s “Glee,” as well as films such as “Standards of Living,” “Silent Night, Zombie Night” and “Breath of Hate.”
He also wrote and starred in the web series “Napoleon Bon Appétit,” which was an official selection at the 2011 Action on Film International Film Festival and is now distributed by 20/20 Productions on a variety of platforms including YouTube, TiVo, Roku, Boxee and Blip.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins