Heart Attack Risk Jumps After Surgery
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Hip and knee replacements are among the most common surgeries, and they’re growing more common. There will be a million of those procedures done this year in the United States, and they are not risk-free.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says new research published in the Archives of Internal Medicine shows the chances of a heart attack jump after joint replacement.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'