Heart Attack Risk Jumps After Surgery
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Hip and knee replacements are among the most common surgeries, and they’re growing more common. There will be a million of those procedures done this year in the United States, and they are not risk-free.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says new research published in the Archives of Internal Medicine shows the chances of a heart attack jump after joint replacement.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years probation for driving drunk, killing 4
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435