Parents Working to Reopen Waldo-Area Elementary School
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A group of parents in the Waldo neighborhood are trying to get the Kansas City Missouri School District to reopen a school that’s been closed for some time, saying that it’s a fight for neighborhood education.
Hale Cook Elementary School at 7302 Pennsylvania has been closed since 2009. Now parents in the area say that they are rallying support for the school, saying that it’s important for families with young children in Waldo to stay in the area.
Friends of Hale Cook will hold a meeting on Wednesday, July 25 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Waldo Branch of the Kansas City Public Library.
FOX 4′s Katie Ferrell is Working for You with the report.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom