Lisa Farmer: Tomato Basil and Bean Pasta Salad
Yield 12 servings
Serving size 1/2 cup
- 1 pound ziti pasta (or bow tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 3 tomatoes (large, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup kidney beans (cooked or canned drained, or try garbanzo beans or black beans)
- 1 cup mozzarella (or provolone cheese, cubed or shredded optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, Dijon-style mustard and pepper to make vinaigrette.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, beans, basil and tomatoes. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss together. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
If desired, add nuts and cheese just before serving, tossing again to combine.
Per recipe: $3.98
Per serving: $0.33
Connecticut Food Policy Council, Farm Fresh Summer Recipes