Families Head to Chiefs Camp for a Little Fun
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. — It’s family fun day for Chiefs’ fans. Fans got a chance to see the team practice on Saturday as they get in gear for the upcoming season.
Some fans went to camp on Saturday to try to get autographs. Fans like 11-year-old Jack Kallenberger scored some face time and autographs from players in 2011 and hoped to do the same this year.
“I’ve just liked the Chiefs my whole like and I’m hoping to see Jamal Charles,” said fan Shane Skwarlo-Lawrence.
The players didn’t get all of the attention on Saturday. The cheerleaders were a fan favorite as well. There was a sea of red and yellow as far as the eye could see at Missouri Western State University.
If you missed out on family fun day on Saturday, your next chance will be in 2013.
The Chiefs are preparing for their first preseason game coming up on August 10 against the Arizona Cardinals at Arrowhead Stadium. The team is set to break camp on August 16.
The team’s regular season schedule begins with a home game against the Atlanta Falcons on September 9.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years probation for driving drunk, killing 4
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435