KCMO Home Depot Customers, Employees Held at Gunpoint
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An armed robbery Monday evening at the Home Depot, 4707 E. Bannister Rd., was frightening to customers and employees, and now police are trying to find the two men responsible.
Police said the men walked into the store at 9:00 p.m., about an hour before closing time.
Surveillance video shows the robbers pointing guns at employees and customers. One suspect went after the money from registers while the other held customers and employees at gunpoint. The one with the gun then threw an employee to the ground and pointed a gun at a child in a shopping cart.
The other yanked a cash register drawer free from its wires and ran out of the store.
Both suspects are black men; one was approximately 20 years old, 5’10″ and 180 lbs. The other was shorter, approximately 5’7″ 170 lbs, and also wearing dark clothing and a red bandana over his face. Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom