New Video: Inside ATA Overturned Bus
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — More than a dozen people were taken to the hospital after an ATA bus they were in overturned Wednesday night near N. Northwood and NW. Prairie View Road in Kansas City, Mo.
Emergency crews said at least 13 people were on board the bus at the time of the accident and that they were all taken to area hospitals with minor injuries.
Officers said a car pulled out in front of the bus trying to make a left turn. The car lost traction because of the slick roads, causing the bus to swerve. The bus then hit the curb and rolled twice.
A witness told police he pulled two passengers off of the bus after the crash. He also said people were screaming, crying and disoriented.
There were three people riding in the car involved in the accident. They also suffered minor injuries. Only the driver was taken to the hospital.
Police say charges are possible.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire