A Bacteria Warning Issued at Two Johnson County Lakes
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — A serious situation exists at two area lakes in Johnson County and it’s called cyanobacteria- otherwise known as blue-green algae.
High levels of the blue-green algae have been detected at the following lakes and swimming and any direct water contact is now prohibited:
- Antioch Park Lake (South), Johnson County
- South Lake Park, Johnson County
- Central Park Lake, Shawnee County
- Harvey County East Lake, Harvey County
- Harvey County West Park Lake, Harvey County
- Logan City Lake, Phillips County
- Memorial/Veterans Lake – Great Bend, Barton County
- McPherson County SFL, McPherson County
Humans, pets and livestock should not drink the water. If there is any direct contact with the water, the skin or fur should be washed with clean water as soon as possible.