Missing Man Found Dead in Bates County
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — An Overland Park man who was missing for six days was found dead Wednesday. The family of David Dotson said his body was found in Bates County, Missouri.
A Silver Alert was issued for Dotson on August 9 when he went missing from his home. His family was concerned because he was an insulin-dependent diabetic.
To see early reports click here.
The Missouri Highway Patrol says they were alerted that a vehicle was off the road in rural Bates County with a body inside. When they arrived, they found a red Toyota Highlander in a field near Route J east of Route Y. The person inside was identified as 66-year-old David Dotson.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins