Warrensburg Business Owner Gunned Down at Home
WARRENSBURG, Mo. — Police are investigating after a Warrensburg bar owner was gunned down outside of his home over the weekend.
William Blaine Whitworth, 25, was shot and killed in front of his Warrensburg home around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. Police say that people in the area reported hearing as many as six shots at the time of Whitworth’s death.
The homicide is Warrensburg’s first since 2009.
Friends of Whitworth describe him as loved by just about everyone, saying that he graduated from the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, then stayed in town to open two bars – Mollies Bar and Bodie’s – hiring many of his friends to work with him.
“He would bend over backwards for anyone, he would do anything,” said friend Matthew Williamson. “I don’t understand, no one really does.”
Warrensburg Police say that they do not have any leads in the case, and on Tuesday the Major Case Squad will be called in to assist in the investigation.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom