Pictures: Chiefs Red Friday Celebrates 20 Years in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — It’s a year of red celebrations! While the Chiefs are celebrating their 50th year in Kansas City, they’re also celebrating the 20th year of Red Friday. So put on your game face, slip on your favorite red attire and post your pictures here. We’d love to see them.
In honor of Red Friday, the Chiefs are hosting the following activities:
Social Media Scavenger Hunt
• Chiefs fans can follow the team on Facebook and on Twitter throughout the day for chances to win tickets for the home-opening game against the Atlanta Falcons through a social media scavenger hunt.
#RedFriday Social Media Campaign
• Throughout the day, the Chiefs will be posting messages and photos to Facebook and Twitter using the #RedFriday hashtag. A special Red Friday avatar will also be made available on Twitter for fans to download. All fans are asked to participate by posting pictures of themselves wearing their red and attending the numerous Red Friday events throughout the day on social media as well as KCChiefs50.com.
810 Zone Lunch Broadcast – Leawood Town Center
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Sports Radio 810 WHB host Soren Petro will broadcast “The Program” live from 810 Zone – Leawood Town Center for a special Red Friday lunch special from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.. The Chiefs will be on-site from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. with executives, Chiefs Cheerleaders, Ambassadors and KC Wolf. Fans will have the chance to enjoy a Red Friday lunch special while there.
Hy-Vee Lunch Specials
• Tailgating is a major part of the Chiefs game day experience. Hy-Vee stores will help put food at the center of Friday’s celebration by offering a Red Friday lunch special at all their Kansas Citymetro area locations to help Chiefs fans celebrate the start of the 2012 season.
Chiefs Happy Hour at The Dubliner in the P&L District
5 to 6:30 p.m.
• Leading up to the Chiefs Red Friday Pep Rally at the KC Live! Stage, Chiefs fans can gather in the Power & Light District and enjoy Happy Hour specials with Chiefs Cheerleaders and Ambassadors also on-site leading up to the Pep Rally.
Chiefs Red Friday Pep Rally at KC Live! Stage in the P&L District
6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Chiefs fans can gather as ‘Voice of the Chiefs’ Mitch Holthus and Shanna Hilt lead a pep rally downtown. Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel, General Manager Scott Pioli and 20 Chiefs players are scheduled to appear on-stage.