Prosecutors: Man Tortured Cat So He Wouldn’t Hurt Himself
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 23-year old man faces charges of animal abuse for allegedly torturing a cat by hanging it by a noose, among other violent acts.
Prosecutors say that after the cat freed itself from the noose, Brandon Scott Krahenbuhl of Blue Springs, Mo., then retrieved it and tortured it more by slamming it into a wall multiple times until the cat was unconscious, then stomped on it until the cat died.
Prosecutors say Krahenbuhl admitted recording the torture on his cell phone. They say the defendant said he killed the animal so he wouldn’t hurt himself. A three month old child was in the residence at the time.
Krahenbuhl is being held on a $50,000 bond. The charge is a Class D Felony.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet