Deaf Boy Teaches Deaf Dog Sign Language
OMAHA — Is it possible to teach an old dog new tricks? A boy from Omaha is giving it a try!
Austin Luther is a six-year-old boy who is deaf. He and his family recently adopted a dog named Capri who also happens to be deaf. The family is working on breaking the communication gap between the pair by teaching Capri sign language.
“I’ll just look outside and I’ll see him out in the backyard with Capri and he’ll be sitting there signing with her like telling her about his day at school,” said Stacy Luther, Austin’s mom.
Capri learns fast. She already knows the sign for kennel.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom