New Non-Drug Treatment for Asthma
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Some people can’t get their asthma under control even when they take medicines as prescribed. Now there’s a non-drug treatment that’s the first for people with severe, uncontrolled asthma.
It’s called bronchial thermoplasty, and uses heat to shrink smooth muscle in the airways.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says patients who may benefit are holding their breath waiting for insurers to cover it.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair