New Non-Drug Treatment for Asthma
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Some people can’t get their asthma under control even when they take medicines as prescribed. Now there’s a non-drug treatment that’s the first for people with severe, uncontrolled asthma.
It’s called bronchial thermoplasty, and uses heat to shrink smooth muscle in the airways.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says patients who may benefit are holding their breath waiting for insurers to cover it.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet