New Non-Drug Treatment for Asthma
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Some people can’t get their asthma under control even when they take medicines as prescribed. Now there’s a non-drug treatment that’s the first for people with severe, uncontrolled asthma.
It’s called bronchial thermoplasty, and uses heat to shrink smooth muscle in the airways.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says patients who may benefit are holding their breath waiting for insurers to cover it.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave