FOX 4 Cost Cutters: Eye Care Savings for Whole Family
Kansas City, Mo. — Getting your kids ready to go back to school really adds up. Throw in a visit to an optometrist and you could really be stretched to the max!
Here are a few ways you can save on eye care for your entire family:
- The Sunday newspaper. Rachelle Jackson with CommunityAmerica Credit Union suggests starting with the coupon section. She says there are often coupons and other deals.
- Grab a Groupon. You can find offers for optometrists near you home. Just make sure you do your research on the company before you buy the Groupon.
- Prescriptionglassesonline.net and discountglassesdirect.com. Jackson says you can get great deals on glasses at these two online sites. You will need your prescription to take advantage of the deals.
- Sightforstudents.org can help you cover the cost for your child’s optometrist visit. The organization bills according to your income. There are dozens of doctors in the metro working with the program.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes