Apartment Fire Investigated in Lee’s Summit
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a fire at a Lee’s Summit apartment building. Fire crews were called to 901 NE Ridgeview Drive on Sunday afternoon.
When they arrived, smoke and fire could be seen from a top floor apartment in the three-story building. Crews were able to get the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
The majority of the fire was contained to one apartment, with minor fire spread into the attic. Some other apartments in the seven unit building had minor smoke and water damage.
Investigators believe the fire may have started in the kitchen.
The Red Cross is helping residents who were displaced by the fire.
No one was hurt.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins