Furby: Alive Again in 2012
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Uh oh! Furby is back!
When my now-17-year-old daughter was itty bitty, she got Furby as a gift. We tried to keep it alive, but our schedule was crazy and we didn’t do a very good job tending to its needs, feeding it, talking to it in its Furby-language.
We tried to like it, but it actually scared my daughter. There was one day when it woke up from its slumber; its eyelids flew open and it began talking to her when she was alone in her room. She started to cry and ran to me and wanted me to take it away!
Over the weekend, my other daughter discovered that Furby is back and decided she wants one. (We still have the old one for memories’ sake, but it hasn’t come alive in years.) We never got little sister one, having learned from experience that it can catch you off guard and spook little ones. Little sister is 15 now, though, so I think (I think?) she can handle its odd timing and eyes. But can I?
I guess I’ll try again. The first item on her Christmas list, I suppose.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering