Man Blames Pet Squirrel for DUI
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A Florida man is facing a DUI charge after one too many beers and a car ride with his pet squirrel. Warren Michael says he had a few beers on Saturday before he hit the road. It didn’t take long for police to pull him over.
Officers were surprised to see Michael’s furry friend when they stopped him. He says he was hoping they wouldn’t take the squirrel away.
“He considered calling animal control,” Michael said.
Officers weren’t sure what to think of the man’s story when he told them he had a squirrel eating him. Then he pulled out the small animal who had been running around in his shirt.
“He wasn’t eating him,” said Michael’s girlfriend Alexandra Rock. “He was just crawling around in his shirt, nibbling at him.”
Michael was certainly a threat to pedestrians and other cars. The police report says he almost hit both. As he was taken to jail, his girlfriend had to pick up their squirrel.
Michael says he did learn one lesson, don’t drink and drive.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom