Father Kills Son, Thinking He’s an Intruder
NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. — A 15-year-old boy was shot and killed by his own father in Connecticut when the father thought he was an intruder.
On Thursday at about 1:00 a.m., a woman called her brother, who lives next-door, because she thought someone was trying to break into her home.
Her brother, Jeffrey Giuliano, 44, went over with a handgun, saw a person wearing all black and in a black ski mask, and thought he was armed with a “shiny object”.
Giuliano fired one shot at him, striking him in the head. When police arrived and pulled off his ski mask, they discovered it was the man’s own son, Tyler Giuliano.
Jeffrey Giuliano is a popular teacher in the community.
Police are investigating and trying to determine why the teenager was dressed like an intruder and carrying a weapon. They have not released what kind of weapon this “shiny object” actually was.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'