News Anchor Bullied About Weight, Addresses Harsh Email On Air
LA CROSSE, Wisc. — It’s not uncommon for television news anchors to receive emails from viewers. Sometimes they’re nice. Sometimes they’re not.
An anchor and reporter in La Crosse, Wisconsin recently received one of those not-so-nice emails. Its message, essentially: “You’re fat.”
Instead of ignoring the harsh words from a complete stranger, Jennifer Livingston took the opportunity to address them. She read the email on air at WKBT and called attention to the ever-growing bullying epidemic that continues to plague our nation’s teens — and, apparently, some adults. Watch her inspiring message in its entirety below. (Video may take a moment to load. Please be patient.)
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'