Royals to Honor Woman Gunned Down in Parking Lot
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — During their final homestand of the 2012 season, the Kansas City Royals will honor a parking lot attendant who was shot September 14 in the parking lot by a boyfriend who then killed himself.
The Royals are also honoring all those who came to Renee Bruce’s aid.
Bruce, 41, is still in the hospital in critical condition. The day she was shot, six co-workers rushed over to try to stop her bleeding. One of the rescuers is a stadium operations employee, who is also an emergency medical technician.
Renee’s six lifesavers will receive certificates for their heroic act.
“I think it’s courageous what these co-workers did, to come out and help her in her time of need,” said Mary Taylor, friend.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College