Royals to Honor Woman Gunned Down in Parking Lot
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — During their final homestand of the 2012 season, the Kansas City Royals will honor a parking lot attendant who was shot September 14 in the parking lot by a boyfriend who then killed himself.
The Royals are also honoring all those who came to Renee Bruce’s aid.
Bruce, 41, is still in the hospital in critical condition. The day she was shot, six co-workers rushed over to try to stop her bleeding. One of the rescuers is a stadium operations employee, who is also an emergency medical technician.
Renee’s six lifesavers will receive certificates for their heroic act.
“I think it’s courageous what these co-workers did, to come out and help her in her time of need,” said Mary Taylor, friend.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss