‘Charlie Bit My Finger’ to Become Web Series
The English brothers in the 2007 viral video “Charlie Bit My Finger” will now star in their own web series. In their viral debut five years ago, one-year-old Charlie Davies-Carr bites his older brother’s finger. That older brother, Harry, is then heard saying in his British accent, “Ow, Charlie, that really hurt.”
The two are now set to entertain web audiences in a series of shows, produced and promoted by Viral Spiral and Rightster. The companies will follow the brothers, now ages six and eight, highlighting some of the boys’ daily antics. Details of the show, including how many episodes, are still under wraps.
Since 2007, the “Charlie Bit My Finger” video has received almost half a billion hits, making it the sixth most viewed video on YouTube, according to Mashable. The family has reportedly earned $500,000 from advertisements — and besides the new web series, the video has also inspired its own blog, T-shirt and app.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss