Construction Workers Stop Alleged Thieves at Former Hospital
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Several people people were injured and two more are in custody after construction workers stopped a group of suspects allegedly breaking into cars at a former Midtown hospital.
According to police, three suspects broke into the former Trinity Lutheran Hospital near 31st Street and Baltimore shortly after 2:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. Police say that the suspects were spotted by construction workers at the scene who then chased after the suspects.
Police say that two suspects were apprehended at the scene, while a third suspect escaped. One of the suspects was taken to an area hospital with injuries. Three construction workers were injured in the incident – one was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
There is no word on the nature of the injuries or the conditions of the suspect or construction worker. The incident is still under investigation.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins