Pay It Forward: KC Supermarket Clerk Known for Generosity
PRAIRIE VILLAGE, Kan. — In the latest “Pay It Forward,” a grocery store clerk considered a legend by her co-workers gets a big surprise at the end of her shift.
The HyVee on State Line Road has a legendary customer service winner working there. Her name is Linda and she beat out 52-thousand employees for the award.
But Grace Owens already knew how special her co-worker was.
“When she walks into HyVee, she has a great personality,” Grace said. “When you leave, she gives you a hug. When you have a bad day, she talks to you, and all the customers love her.”
During Linda’s overnight shift, she helps people — like paying for their groceries when they can’t afford it.
Joseph King has worked with Linda for 16 years.
“I used to have to walk 40 minutes back to work every night, and she got me a car,” King said. “She is nothing but a mountain of generosity.”
Recently, Linda needed help with a flooded kitchen floor.
“I wanted to help her but I don’t have the money to help her,” Grace said.
After counting out the three hundred dollars, we went inside the store, and presented Linda with the latest honors in our “Pay It Forward” Series.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor