KCMO Man Charged in 2011 Home Invasion Robbery Homicide
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Kansas City, Missouri, man has been charged in the 2011 shooting death of a man during an home invasion robbery on the city’s East Side.
Chuansae A. Paul, 24, has been charged with second-degree murder, attempted robbery and two counts of armed criminal action in connection to the May 25, 2011 murder of Anthony Rose in a home in the 2900 block of Highland.
According to court records, witnesses told police that several men with guns and wearing hoodies invaded the home with the intention of robbing drugs. A witness told police that Paul took the victim upstairs and began to hit and pistol-whip the victim, demanding to know where the drugs were hidden.
A shot was then fired, hitting the victim in the head, prosecutors said.
Chuansae is being held in the Jackson County Jail in lieu of $250,000 cash bond. Two others involved in the home invasion have already pleaded guilty in the case.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape