Metro Man Sentenced for Murder of Wife
OLATHE, Kan. — A Lenexa man was sentenced to 23 years in prison for the murder of his estranged wife in the couple’s Johnson County home.
Dominic Camacho, 37, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for the March 13 death of his wife, Leslie Camacho, in a home in the 13000 block of West 94th Place. He was originally charged with first-degree murder, but agreed to plead guilty in exchange for the lesser charge.
Camacho will have to spend at least 20 years behind bars before he is eligible for parole.
Prosecutors say that Camacho was jealous that his estranged wife was dating another man, and strangled her.
The couple’s three teenage children are all staying with relatives.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins