Missing Poplar Bluff Girl Found Safe, Amber Alert Canceled
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. — Authorities say that a missing southeast Missouri girl has been found safe, and the suspect in her disappearance is in custody.
An Amber Alert was issued for 5-year-old Abigail Berthoff on Wednesday morning after she disappeared from her Poplar Bluff home sometime between 10:00 p.m. Tuesday night and 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Berthoff and the suspect in her disappearance, 45-year-old Jeffrey D. Shelton – a registered sex offender – were found in Butler County on Wednesday afternoon.
There is no immediate word of charges in the case.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'