Fun, Family-friendly Halloween Apps
LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — It’s Halloween again and the kids are probably going to be out trick-or-treating. Here are a few family-friendly apps to keep the kids entertained and parents with a peace of mind.
“Scrap It: Halloween HD” costs $1 and allows you to take Halloween pictures to the next level with stickers, ribbons and more. You can even share your finished work with Facebook friends or Tweeps!
While real pumpkin carving can be ghoulishly messy, “Pumpkin Pal” makes the experience virtual. Create a masterpiece on your iPad without all the mess. When you’re finished, the digital pumkin even lights up. “Pumpkin Pal” is 99 cents on iPad.
Keep track of the kids while they trick-or-treat! Simple solutions are built right into Androids and iPhones.
On Android, try “Google Latitude.” It lets you see where your child is on a map – it’s scary accurate. They will need a Google account to use the service.
On iOS, “Find My iPhone” is really meant to help you locate a lost phone, but it works great to see where your kids are, too. Keep in mind, however, they must share the same Apple ID. If they have their own, use the App called “Find My Friends.”
“AirCover Family Locator” works across both platforms.For a one-time fee of $3 the app provides a shared map displaying everyone in your group. Simply click to call, text or find your way to them. Be sure to turn AirCover off when you’re not using it since it does drain the battery.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet