Hmong New Year Celebrated in the Metro
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A small community is celebrating the coming new year in Kansas City, KS.
Hmong men and women of all ages wore their traditional colorful outfits inside memorial hall in downtown.
They tossed a tennis ball back and forth. Organizers say it’s a game people use to court each other.
They say the event offers much more than just courting.
“The community here is quite isolated believe it or not, and this is a good opportunity for everyone to meet each other to mingle with each other,” Wayne Yang with KC Hmong Community said.
Yang says there are up to 4,000 Hmong in the area and that number is growing.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong