Wine Walk in Downtown KC Benefits Coat Drive
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — People in KC’s Power and Light District were thinking ahead to winter weather with a fundraiser called Wine Walk.
The event allowed people to sample food from many of P&L’s restaurants. The goal of this event is to raise awareness about all of the kids right here in the metro without a coat.
So starting on Monday, you are asked to give used coats and winter items to those in need. You can do that by visiting many of the Price Choppers locations in the area or dry cleaners where you will find big white bins to put in your donated items.
“There are so many kids out there in our area that have to go to school without a coat, which is something we can take for granted,” Leslie Caldwell with the KC Sertoma Club said. “So we try to bring as many of these coats back to our districts as possible.”
The coats will be given to students in about five school districts right here in the metro area.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire