MLS: Sporting KC loses to Houston 2-0
HOUSTON, Texas — Sporting KC will face an uphill battle on Wednesday, having lost the first portion of its Eastern Conference Semifinal series against Houston 2-0.
The Dynamo (14-9-11) took an early lead on their own pitch, using Adam Moffatt’s goal in the 18th minute to take a 1-0 lead. Will Bruin scored the contest’s only other goal in the 75th minute, giving the Dynamo a 2-0 advantage.
Houston’s 2-0 tally may sound familiar to Sporting KC fans. It’s the same score that sent the Blues reeling from last year’s MLS Cup Playoffs. That happened in the same scenario — a higher-seeded team from SKC losing to a determined underdog from Houston.
The two teams will face each other again on Wednesday evening at Livestrong Sporting Park. This series uses a two-match aggregate scoring system, using a total goals scored to determine a winner. Sporting KC (18-7-9) will need three unanswered goals at minimum in order to advance to the conference finals. -srm
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'