Thanksgiving Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Healthier!)
Jami Mitchell promises that no one will ever know that we are completely cutting out the butter, but none of the flavor!
- 2 pounds, peeled and cubed Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 cups sliced peeled parsnips
- 12 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven; cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Discard bay leaf.
- Combine potato mixture, reserved cooking liquid, salt, onion powder, and pepper in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Drizzle oil over potatoes.
Makes 6 servings.
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 309mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'