Tragedy at Pittsburgh Zoo; Child Killed After Fall into Animal Exhibit
PITTSBURGH, Pa. — A young child was killed today in an accident at a Pittsburgh, Pa. zoo.
FOX News is reporting that the young boy fell 14 feet into an animal exhibit filled with African painted dogs. Public relations officials with the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium say the dogs attacked the boy and bit him repeatedly. Tracy Gray, the zoo’s spokesperson, said zoo officials aren’t sure if the boy died from the fall of the bite wounds.
Eyewitness reports say zoo workers made efforts to separate the animals from the boy, who is said to have been visiting the zoo with his mother and some friends. One of the African painted dogs had to be shot as a precaution in the pandemonium.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too