Car Fire Slows Traffic at 169 and 9 Hwys North of Downtown Airport
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The southbound lanes of 169 Highway shut down Monday morning shortly before 8 a.m. after a car caught on fire.
The car was pulled off to the side on 169 Highway near Highway 9 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Police diverted traffic off the highway until firefighters were able to bring the situation under control, then they reopened one lane to allow traffic through.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet