Car Flips Over After Hitting School Bus on I-70
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A car flipped over after colliding with a school bus on Interstate 70 east of downtown on Monday morning.
According to authorities, the driver of the car suffered only minor injuries, and one student on the bus suffered a minor bump on the head in the accident – which happened on the eastbound lanes on I-70 at the Jackson Curve shortly after 10:00 a.m.
Police say that the driver of the car lost control on the rain-slicked highway and slid into the bus, causing the car to flip over.
The bus was carrying children from an undisclosed Shawnee elementary school to an event at Kauffman Stadium at the time of the wreck. Authorities closed I-70 down to one east-bound lane while emergency crews worked on the accident.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370