Car Flips Over After Hitting School Bus on I-70
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A car flipped over after colliding with a school bus on Interstate 70 east of downtown on Monday morning.
According to authorities, the driver of the car suffered only minor injuries, and one student on the bus suffered a minor bump on the head in the accident – which happened on the eastbound lanes on I-70 at the Jackson Curve shortly after 10:00 a.m.
Police say that the driver of the car lost control on the rain-slicked highway and slid into the bus, causing the car to flip over.
The bus was carrying children from an undisclosed Shawnee elementary school to an event at Kauffman Stadium at the time of the wreck. Authorities closed I-70 down to one east-bound lane while emergency crews worked on the accident.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet