Judge Orders Sidewalk Driver to Wear “Idiot” Sign
CLEVELAND, Ohio — An Ohio judge has ordered a woman caught on video passing a school bus by driving on the sidewalk to wear a sign proclaming that she is an “idiot.”
According to WJW-TV in Cleveland, Shena Hardin, 32, plead out on Monday in order to avoid facing a trial. Back in September, she plead not guilty to charges of not stopping for a school bus and reckless operation.
A bus driver had noticed Hardin’s pattern along a Cleveland street so he notified the school district and had his cell phone camera rolling during one of her episodes. The portion of sidewalk she used to avoid the bus was the entrance to a day care.
Police set up a sting to catch her on her makeshift detour and cited her on Sept. 11.
As part of her sentence from Cleveland Municipal Court, Hardin must wear a sign that says, “Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid the school bus.”
Hardin’s license was also suspended for 30 days, and she must pay a $250 fine.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter