KU Beats Washburn 62-50 in Exhibition Finale
LAWRENCE, Kan. — It wasn’t pretty, but the 7th-ranked Kansas Jayhawks outlasted the Washburn Ichabods 62-50 in their exhibition finale on Monday night at Allen Fieldhouse.
Washburn went on an 8-0 run to take a 10-5 lead right out of the gates, and kept within earshot of Kansas for most of the night.
KU finished with 24 turnovers, while Washburn had 18. In addition to their sloppy play, the Hawks also barely won the battle of the boards, pulling down 40 rebounds to Washburn’s 39.
KU held Washburn to just 25% shooting from the field. Redshirt freshman Ben McLemore led the Jayhawks with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
Kansas opens the regular season against Southeast Missouri State on Friday night at Allen Fieldhouse.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'