Tech Report: Interactive Storybooks Put Kids in Stories
Brothers Evan and Greg Spiridellis started JibJab over a decade ago but now as fathers the duo wanted to create something both parents and kids would love.
“We’re looking at what’s out there for them and we thought we could do that, we can add value there and have fun doing it” said Evan.
Storybots offers several videos to help your kids learn their ABC’s complete with dancing robots. Their most popular site feature is Starring You Storybooks, a mobile app that inserts kids into the stories they’re reading.
All you have to do is snap a picture of your child’s face, upload it to the app, and their face and name is instantly inserted into the story.
There are 19 different titles you can choose from and your first book is free.After that each digital storybook is about under $10 each.
“The Storybots are these infinitely curious brightly colored, little creatures who actually live in the world beneath our screen” said Greg.
Other popular Storybots features include Beep and Boop, a tool aimed at helping kids learn good behavior while having fun. The app allows parents to track a child’s good behavior with the use of a points system. Beeps are rewarded for good behavior, while boops are given out for bad behaviors.
The app is available on iPhone.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet