Missouri H.S. Heisman Award Goes to Local High School Senior
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Staley High School senior Trent Hosick received an honor and award for which he has worked long and hard to earn.
After Thursday night’s game against Park Hill South, representatives from Wendy’s High School Heisman Program announced they had selected Hosick as Wendy’s Heisman winner in Missouri.
Staley High School, 2800 N.E. Shoal Creek Parkway, is in the North Kansas City School District, and opened in 2008.
Hosick was one of 102 winners. The Wendy’s High School Heisman program selected a male and female student from each state and the District of Columbia.
The Missouri female winner is Sierra Michaelis from North Mercer High School in Mercer, which is northern Missouri.
Additionally, Hosick was named a national finalist. Twelve high school students (six young men and six young women) were selected for this elite group out of the 102.
This means Hosick will travel to New York City to participate in the collegiate Heisman weekend festivities.
Wendy’s High School Heisman television special will air on ESPN2, Sunday, Dec. 9, when the two national winners will be announced.
Good luck, Trent!
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Woman charged after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370