Nixon Easily Wins Re-Election as Missouri Governor
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Jay Nixon cruised to a relatively easy victory over Republican challenger Dave Spence on Tuesday night for a second term as Missouri’s governor.
Governor Nixon finished with 55 percent of the vote, while Spence finished with 43 percent.
Jobs were the central point of the campaign for both candidates, as Nixon – who rarely emphasized his Democratic party affiliation during his campaign in the largely Republican state – touted his record of job creation and tax and spending cuts.
Spence, a St. Louis-area businessman who sunk millions in his own money into his campaign, claimed that Missouri was falling behind other states in his campaign ads.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering