Recipes: Immune-Boosting Holiday Cooking
Your Holiday meals shouldn’t leave you feeling stuffed and sick. They should be packed with nutrient-rich ingredients that make you feel good. Kenny Wagoner, Executive Chef at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Tulsa, Oklahoma, showed us a great alternative Holiday meal that packs lots of good health.
Pan Seared Salmon with Orange Fennel Salsa
For the salsa:
1 fennel bulb sliced thin
1 orange cut into sections
4 green olives, pitted and sliced
1 red pepper sliced thin
1 tablespoon drained bottled small capers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon orange juice
For the salmon:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 salmon filets, 6 oz portions.
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp white pepper
In a mixing bowl mix the first seven ingredients. Brush salmon filets with
olive oil. Season fish with salt and pepper. In a hot pan sauté salmon
seasoned side down until golden brown. Remove from pan and finish in 350
degree oven until firm to the touch.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'