Recipes: Immune-Boosting Holiday Cooking
Your Holiday meals shouldn’t leave you feeling stuffed and sick. They should be packed with nutrient-rich ingredients that make you feel good. Kenny Wagoner, Executive Chef at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Tulsa, Oklahoma, showed us a great alternative Holiday meal that packs lots of good health.
Pan Seared Salmon with Orange Fennel Salsa
For the salsa:
1 fennel bulb sliced thin
1 orange cut into sections
4 green olives, pitted and sliced
1 red pepper sliced thin
1 tablespoon drained bottled small capers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon orange juice
For the salmon:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 salmon filets, 6 oz portions.
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp white pepper
In a mixing bowl mix the first seven ingredients. Brush salmon filets with
olive oil. Season fish with salt and pepper. In a hot pan sauté salmon
seasoned side down until golden brown. Remove from pan and finish in 350
degree oven until firm to the touch.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet