Red Kettle: Give Once, Wear a Button to Show Your Donation
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Salvation Army’s Red Kettle donations are a well-known and established part of the holiday giving season.
Holiday Giving Buttons are another way to give money to the Salvation Army.
The buttons are given to those who make a one-time donation of $20, $50, or $100. The idea is that donators will wear the button proudly, and as they walk by the red kettles, the bell ringers will know you have already donated and thank you for your donation.
The 2013 Season Pass program is not a national promotion. It is only available in the Kansas City Metro area, and a part of the Salvation Army of Kansas & Western Missouri Division.
Passes are not available at all red kettle locations. Instead, you should go to http://seasonpass.salvationarmy.us/ to make a donation and order a button.
Donations to the Salvation Army help feed the hungry, help families and individuals in homeless shelters and meet emergency needs.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes