Google Fiber Contest: Who Can Develop the Best App?
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Technology is at the center of almost everything we do.
Everyday people are developing new apps aimed at enhancing our lives by reducing our stress and other apps just to make us laugh.
A group of I-T professionals is having a meeting of the minds to create mobile and web applications to make our lives easier. About 100 people met in teams at Google Fiber in Kansas City to come up with apps that may hit the marketplace.
There are dozens of ideas being developed to help people do things faster and more efficiently. Among them: Apps to help you order and pay for take-out on your phone to random text messages on twitter.
“People are on their phones constantly so needing something that’s at their fingertips that’s useful and relevant- that’s were everything is headed,” said Chris Lewman. a metro brainiac.
The participants are not only trying to come up with a good idea they’re also competing to win electronic prizes and gift cards. The winner will be announced Sunday at noon.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too