Lunch with an Old Bag
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Hundreds of handbags, purses and wallets were up for auction Saturday to help children in the Kansas City Metro area.
The “Lunch with an Old Bag” fundraiser benefits the Love Fund for Children, which meets all kinds of needs of area children including providing ipads for non-verbal children, providing beds, and medical supplies.
Women of all ages and a passion for bags came out to bid on donated designer purses and Silpada jewelry.
The event at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel also featured Maxine, the grumpy lady from Hallmark Cards.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370