Lunch with an Old Bag
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Hundreds of handbags, purses and wallets were up for auction Saturday to help children in the Kansas City Metro area.
The “Lunch with an Old Bag” fundraiser benefits the Love Fund for Children, which meets all kinds of needs of area children including providing ipads for non-verbal children, providing beds, and medical supplies.
Women of all ages and a passion for bags came out to bid on donated designer purses and Silpada jewelry.
The event at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel also featured Maxine, the grumpy lady from Hallmark Cards.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"