Well-Earned Win for Mizzou After Four OTs
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The Missouri Tigers turned things around in a big way Saturday Knoxville. James Franklin threw 4 touchdown passes, and the Tigers outlasted Tennessee 51-48 in four overtimes! The victory is the Tigers’ first on the road in the SEC, and it evens their overall record at 5-5.
After trailing 21-7 at halftime, the Tigers tied the Vols 28-28 with :47 seconds remaining in the game on a James Franklin TD pass to Dorial Green-Beckham.
In the first OT, Franklin found Jimmy Hunt for a touchdown. Tennessee answered with a score, tying the game at 35-35 and sending it to a second overtime.
After the Vols went ahead 42-35 on a fake field goal for a touchdown, Franklin connected with Marcus Lucas for touchdown, tying it up at 42-42.
In the third overtime, Missouri went ahead 48-42 on a Franklin TD pass to Green-Beckham. The Vols answered with a touchdown. Both teams failed on their 2-point conversions, so they went to a fourth OT tied at 48-48.
That’s when Tennessee finally cracked. The Vols failed to convert on 4th and 3. The Tigers got the ball back needing only a field goal to win. Redshirt freshman kicker Andrew Baggett drilled a 35-yard field goal and Missouri wins 51-48 in quadruple overtime.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet