The Most Racist Tweets in America Come From …
Racism. It’s ugly. Divisive. And apparently still a part of American culture.
According to Floating Sheep, a number of people across the country took to Twitter the day after the 2012 presidential election and used a number of not-so-nice phrases — many of which used the N word.
Floating Sheep sorted the tweets by state and then used a location quotient-inspired measure to compare them to other tweets in the same geographical location. Doing so enabled them to compare the state’s racist tweets to the national average.
What did they find?
Alabama topped the racist tweet list. Not far behind was Mississippi. Missouri ranked eighth and Kansas took the No. 11 spot. Last on the list was Michigan at No. 33.
Floating Sheep created a map detailing their data. Other sites like Mashable found some of those racist tweets and posted them online. Since then, one user (@MoriahRae1) has deleted her account. Another user (@QueenofFlop) continues to defend their position with more racist hate speech.
What are your thoughts on racism in America? Leave me a comment below.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet